Wednesday 4 October 2017

Naman { A garland of traditional prayers }

 “Ghaaleena lotaangana vandeen charana Dolyanee paaheen roop tujze Preme aalingana aanande poojin, Bhave oowaalina mhane Naamaa.” 
Prostrating myself with touch of your feet and see thy beautiful form. Embracing you with love, I worship you, and do your aarti with devotion. 
“Tvameva maataa cha pitaa tvameva Tvameva bandhuscha sakhaa tvameva, Tvameva vidyaa dravinam tvameva, Tvameva servam mama Devadeva.” 
You are my mother, my father, my brother, you are my friend. You are knowledge, You are the embodiment of love and tenderness. You are my everything, O! Lord. 
“Kaayena vaachaa manasrendriyaiarwan Budhyatmanaa vaa prakriti swabhavaat, Karomi yadyatsakalam parasmai, Narayanaayeti samarpayaami” 
My body, my speech, my mind and all my senses, my intellect, my innate being – all these I offer to you, Narayana. 
“Acyutam Keshavam Raamanaaraayanam Krishnadaamodaram Vaasudevam Harim, Shreedharam Maadhavam Gopikaa Vallabham, Jaanakeenaayakam Raamachandram Bhaje” 
I pray Achyut, Keshav, Ramnarayan, Krishnadamodar, Vasudev, Hari, Shridhar, Madhav, Gopika-Vallabh, Janaki-Nayakam, Ramachandra. (various names of Vishnu and His incarnations). 





                                   

“Hare Rama, Hare Rama. Rama Rama Hare Hare 
Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna. Krishna Krishna Hare Hare. 
Hare Rama, Hare Rama. Rama Rama Hare Hare 
Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna. Krishna Krishna Hare Hare.”

No comments:

Post a Comment